Re: custom kernel troubles

> It seems that for whatever reason (I´ve set Processor type to 386 in make
> menuconfig) it thinks that there is a arch/i586 directory where there isn´t.

I just had the exact same problem symptoms (including the failed retry with
specific arch) as you a few days ago, but with a 2.2 kernel build. If you
have an ARCH environment variable, unset it and try the basic build command
again. That worked for me, although it seems odd I never had a problem with
it before...

Hope this helps,
Robert Braddock