Re: Configuring Pine for multiple ISPs

On 11 Mar, Joel Roth wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Jason Christensen wrote:
>>
>> Then I would be upset with my provider, as much of my mail would never be
>> delivered. Most of the net will refuse to propogate mail from a non-secure
>> server. (I've had this experience before)
>
> I don't understand what your problem is with using a regular MTA
> like exim. It came installed on my debian distribution, was not
> difficult to configure (plenty of help on the net) and easily
> let's you specify a list of hosts to try for delivering remote mail.

To clarify, I did not write the above words. I use fetchmail and exim to
get mail from a POP server (fetchmail) and deliver it via my mail
spooling system (exim). I use exim to act as my outgoing mail server as
well, thus providing mail delivery services in both directions.

Dale, to echo the above sentiment, why can't you run exim or some other
MTA on your box and then use a SMTP server of localhost in pine? It'll
deliver mail regardless of the ISP you're connected to.

Jason