Re: Boot Linux with LILO

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 03:22:27PM +0100, Fagiolino wrote:
> I have win 95 in the first partition (16 GB) and I want to install Linux in the second partition... how I can boot Linux from this partition?!?
>
> Thank You
Assuming Win95 is on /dev/hda1, add the following lines to
/etc/lilo.conf:

default=w

other=/dev/hda1
	label=w
	table=/dev/hda

Change the label on the Linux boot to l

Now run lilo and you will see:
added 	w*

Now at boot time when you see the lilo prompt, just press Control
and then "l" and you'll boot Linux.  Otherwise Win95 will boot
normally.

To have Linux boot as default, obviously edit lilo.conf again to:

default=l

and REMEMBER to run lilo again!

Hope that helps.

Patrick Kirk

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.