Re: URGENT! deleted my home directory

Hi all:
   I too have a question on the cp command. When used it always ask rm the file I'm
trying to copy. Is cp copy or remove? Also can't one specify a place on a directory
with a new name to place a file in a newly created file. I keep getting the response
that directory doesn't have a file of that name. TIA         Dean