Upgrade stable -> frozen problems...

Hello!

I have tried upgrading from the current
Debian stable distribution to the frozen distribution.
I managed to screw up my Linux system by this...
The only things I updated was everything in
the base, admin and devel sections.

Now I can't even login - i.e. I can type a user
name, but I'm not asked for a password before
it tells me: "invalid login".
X-Windows (xdm) which is set to start on
boot does not work either.

Info:
When booting, the X stuff complains about
something under /usr/lib/perl5.

I think it's perl-base_5.004.05-1.1.deb
which is installed.

I also had problems when installing this with
dpkg - it complained that it needed perl5-base
to install perl-base-5 or something like that???

Also other packages complained that they
needed package perl5

Does anybody have any ideas about how
to solve these problems?

Also, I need to fix the system without