Re: Does ssh support nonRSA PKC?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 09:13:24PM -0500, John Dalbec wrote:
> Does the ssh package (OpenSSH) support an unpatented public-key
> cryptographic algorithm?  I live in the US and the RSA patent
> doesn't expire for another 6 months.
> TIA,
> John

RTF README:

/usr/doc/ssh/README

    OpenSSH is based on the last free version of Tatu Ylonen's SSH with
    all patent-encumbered algorithms removed (to external libraries),
    all known security bugs fixed, new features reintroduced and many
    other clean-ups. More information about SSH itself can be found in
    the file README.Ylonen. OpenSSH has been created by Aaron Campbell,
    Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt, and Dug Song. It
    has a homepage at http://www.openssh.com/

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)

Scope out Scoop:  http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/