dselect

We are having a problem here with the deslect program on a frozen dist.

We changed from APT to FTP so we could select which packages to install
from the install line. We got a bunch of errors about how it could not
find the "archive" file.  So I decided to manually update the
dpkg_1.6.10.deb package and also installed the libncurses5_5.0-6.deb and
the libstdc++2.10_2.95.2-7.deb manually.

Now when start the dselect program we get the normal opening screen but as
soon as we select any of the options we get:

"dselect: failed to getch in main menu: Success"

What do we have to install to get this back to working?

Thanks,

Ken Rea