Re: Automagic boots

Wim Kerkhoff <wim@netmaster.com> writes:

> This may sound silly... but what when the computer is shutdown at
> night, what time is being stored in the BIOS?  It could be timezone
> thing... I don't know, just an idea....

The BIOS uses UTC and, yes, I took that into account when setting the
daily boot time.  Normally it boots right on time, but sporadically it
boots right after it shut down at night.  There doesn't seem to be a
pattern to it, other than perhaps SMB activity within ten to fifteen
minutes before shutdown.

BTW, I'd better not forget to adjust the boot time as soon as we start
using DST.  But that'd be in another couple of years, I guess.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development