Re: unzipping .exe files

> Is there any program which is able to unzip the "self-extracting"
> archives that end with .exe?  unzip does not work.  I'm not even sure
> that it's not one of those install-shield applications, in which case I
> guess I'd be up the creek.

typically if they are just pkzip exectucables you can use unzip to unzip
them.  if they are windows self-extracting archives though this won't
work.  i have had some sucess using wine for this though.  eg.

# wine stupidfile.exe

and then just extracting it into /tmp and dealing with the unextracted files
from there.

adam.