GRFS? Seagate backup broken with upgrade

Anyone running the Seagate Backup Exec client for
Unix on their Debian box?

I am, and was getting backed up no problem, but
some time ago I upgraded a few things (don't
remember now), and now my backup client won't
initialize.

There's a line in my /etc/services like:
grfs    6101/tcp    #Backup Exec Agent

Does this mean that some service is running? If
so, shouldn't it show if I do a "ps ax"? Or is
there some other way to determine what services
are running?

The documentation states that the backup server
must have an entry in /etc/hosts. It does.
The backup client's log states:

/usr/local/bkupexec/agent.be: Using configuration
file: /usr/local/bkupexec/agent.cfg
/usr/local/bkupexec/agent.be: Agent configuration
OK.
/usr/local/bkupexec/agent.be: Workstation Name:
"WESTEK"
Unable to get host address for peter
NRLInit: net/service address not found for
peter/grfs
FindAdvertisementReceivers failed
/usr/local/bkupexec/agent.be: Communication System
Failure:
NRL initialization failed.

I don't really expect anyone to know the answers,
but it's a shot in the dark. (Haven't gotten much
help from Seagate either :-(