Re: Fancy features of Storm Linux

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 09:16:14PM +0100, Christian Rishøj wrote:

> I recently visited Storm Linux's (Debian in disguise) homepage and found
> some fancy (not nessecarily usable) features like graphical bootloader and
> (framebuffered?) svga console and boot sequence. See for example
>
> http://www.stormix.com/products/screenshots/index_html?query_start=5
>
> ...which has a nice screenshot of the graphical bootloader.
>
> Does anybody know how these nifty things are accomplished? Are the tools
> available to Debian users as .deb's? Does anyone intend to pack such thing,
> e.g. the graphical bootloader with a Debian logo?
>
> I think this would be a nice option. What do you think?

<elitest unix twit>
I really don't see the point to a graphical bootloader, i mean how
long do you spend screwing with it?  2 seconds?  it seems to me all
the hackery required to accomplish it will only serve to make it
fragile.  lilo works, its stable and reliable, don't mess with it.
</elitest unix twit>

--
Ethan Benson