Library version

Hi all,
I'm working on a project that is encountering some problems with libstdc++
versioning.  Some vendor-supplied libraries are linked against a certain
version of libstdc++ (libstdc++.so.2.8).  Well, my system has these libs:
libstdc++-2-libc6.0-1-2.9.0
libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0
libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0
libstdc++.so.2.7.2.8
libstdc++.so.2.8.0
libstdc++.so.2.9

And various links to them.  Now, if I compile normally, the compile works
fine, but when I run it, it crashes immediately in ofstream() from
libstdc++.so.2.8.
I think this is because the vendor libs need the older version, but the
compiler is linking in the later version and we get a library mis-match.

So, my question is:  How can I specify which version of the libstdc++
libraries to use?

Thanks

--
-bob

Particle physicists are always trying to hold a meeting, but
whenever they decide on a place, the time changes.
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* rakerr@sandia.gov               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0847     *
* Robert_Kerr@byu.edu             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *