Re: ppp: frame with bad fcs

fcs is Frame Check Sequence. PPP over an async link uses HDLC-like framing for each packet. The FCS is used to detect errors in packets which are received. Such an
error could happen on a link which is not error-corrected. On a link which is error-corrected this probably indicates something is munging bytes on the way through.
This could happen because of things like software flow-control, which inserts XON/XOFF bytes into the stream to tell the other side to stop sending data. Make sure your
modem is configured to only do hardware flow control.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com