Re: sound blaster 16 - how do I?

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Carl Fink wrote:

carlf >No, not with a true SoundBlaster 16 (such as I have in my PC as I
carlf >type).  I wasn't even aware until reading this thread that a PnP
carlf >version existed, but the original surely wasn't PnP.

it really depends on the card and what has been done to it. from what ive
seen a virgin SB16 or AWE32 works fine without isapnp but once isapnp is
run on it (for whatever reason) it will not initialize again unless you
use isapnp for it.  not sure of the reason for this, maybe isapnp wipes
the default hardware settings(?)

my experiences may be unique though.

nate