Re: Ultra Sparc1 + FDDI + Optic Fiber + Debian = ??

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:38:12AM -0300, Luis Campos de Carvalho wrote:

> 	Hy, list people.
> 	I want to know where i can get information about how to install a
> Sun's FDDI board on my Sun's Ultra1 machine (it's running Debian Linux,
> and I love it this way... )
>
> 	If somebody here has some information about this, i'd like to
> know.

All you should need to do is rebuild the kernel with the right driver (I
suggest getting 2.2.15-pre10), and install the card...you should be able
to use it on boot. I'm not sure what Sun calls this card, but I'm pretty
sure it's listed under the Network Devices in the kernel config.

If you need help configuring the kernel, let me know.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '