Re: front page extension for apache

> ok, i downloaded the file fp40.linux.tar.gz

good start.

> i put it threw gzip making it a  <fp40.linux.tar>  file

this doesn't make any sense, can you try to describe what you did so we can
help you?

> sorry to ask such a dumb question, but know what? i looked all over that
> site, but nothing specific to linux

what is the question you are asking?  if you don't know how to deal with a
tar.gz file (all i can gather from the above) then i would strongly
encourage you to look elsewhere.  installing/maintaining the frontpage
extensions is not really for someone new to this.  it's a pain in the butt
even for experienced unix/linux admins.

adam.