IMP Configuration

I have installed IMP 2.2.0 and am very pleased with it. It took a bit of
figuring out the installation of imap, but that seems to be working too.
One issue is still open. I would like the users mail data in ~/mail
(which is Debian standard, it seems). I cannot seem to get IMP to handle
that. I have tried all kinds of tricks in the setup.php3 file, but it
does not give me access to mail folders in my ~/mail directory.

I would be very pleased if someone could send me their setup.php3 file
as an example.

Also, I am having slight trouble with understanding the workings of
imap. Very little documentation comes with the package. Can someone give
me a pointer for some background reading? I would like to know things
like: Can I still use a pop3 client on the /var/spool/mail/name mailbox
file and imap alternatively?

Thanks a lot!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <erik@avondel.xs4all.nl>