Re: Boot up graphics & screen corruption

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 07:42:01PM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> My problem is that when I go to shutdown my system from KDM as soon as I
> get to the text screen there is screen corruption wherever the boot-up
> graphic was on boot up. It is a mess of colours. If I do ctrl-alt F2
> then ctrl-alt F1 the corruption disappears.
>
> Is there a way to ensure I get a clean text screen after exiting X? I
> have a feeling this is not specifically a Storm Linux issue.

yeah recompile your kernel without the framebuffer stuff ;-) really
though i have weird glitches in my console from that penguin logo that
comes up on my powerpc where i have no choice but to use the buggy
framebuffer.  some framebuffers are more stable then others it just
depends...

--
Ethan Benson