RE: network card problem

Arghh, I haven't had to wonder experiences with this card.

Can you ping the IP you assigned to that interface?  Is there anything in the
syslog? Are the debug options you can provide to insmod via-rhine.o ?  Do you
have link lights?  Just some random ideas...

On 27-Feb-2000 Russ Cook wrote:
> My old pci ethernet card failed, and I replaced it with a D-Link
> DFE-530TX.  I running Debian with kernel 2.2.14.  I loaded the
> via-rhine network card driver, version 1.02b.  The system detects
> the card, but I can't get to my lan.  I can't ping or otherwise
> detect any of my other machines.  I've changed none of the kernel
> compile options except the pci nic card and driver.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Can anyone offer any assistance?

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.com
www.canadianhomes.net/wim

stab_val(stab)->str_nok = 1;    /* what a wonderful hack! */
             -- Larry Wall in stab.c from the perl source code