SCSI HD developping bad blocks (was Re: wu-ftpd fails CRC checks

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:51:08 -0800, Alex McCool wrote:

>I've noticed that the sector=591714 (and one other) is always the culprit.
>Can someone tell me how to repair/badblock these sectors?

Back it up, then low-level format it.

BUT BEWARE: Usually bad sector remapping works transparently w/o the user
noticing it. The fact that there are bad sectors visible to the user usually
means the HD is dying, so prepare for the worst.

Sorry, but this is the truth.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\