Re: Réf. : Re: TAB key behaviour

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 01:13:23PM +0100, olivier_roulet-dubonnet@ds-fr.com
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am used to the standart behaviour of the key TAB on Linux.
> > It proposes the possible files or commands and complete them
> > if only one solution is available.
> >
> >  But I am now working on AIX
> >  system with ksh and the same fonction is not available.
> >
> > I can get the possible completion of files ( and not commands)
> >   only if I use Esc and "=" and I can complete files ( only)
> >  by double clicking  the ESC key.
> >
> > Does someone knows whitch program handle this behaviour ?
> >  and how I could set it like on Linux?
> >
> > thank you,
> >
> > Olivier

Sorry for not replying to the original post -- I didn't see it.

In the manpage for ksh, find the list of options for the set command.
Or at the ksh command line, try the command `set -o`.  I'm using
pdksh, but it has an option "vi-tabcomplete" that sets the completion
behavior you want.  It only appears to work with the vi-like
keybindings, not with the emacs-like keybindings.

Jesse

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/