Re: permissions on /var

I got the idea how I should have done it, working with tar with some
specific tars. My biggest concern at the moment is however to repair the
whole thing.

Some of my problems so far:
 - nothing is being logged in /var/log, even with chmod 777 the whole
thing (which doesn't exactly helps me in repairing the whole thing)
 - I can't get mail from the outside, intern it works

Could someone send me a
  "sudo ls -lR /var > filename"
or something else that would help me out

Mayby this is a security risk for your system, maybe with
--ignore=*`hostname`* you could protect yourself against my evil
cracker-mind.

Thanks in advance,

Sander