Re: Emacs configuration on slink

Hi,

Yes, just create a .emacs file and put your commands in them.
Below are some of my commands, which you can use as a guide to
bind keys and make editing life a lot easier.  I would include my
whole file, but some things changed a little between V19 and V20.
I now invoke emacs with "emacs -font fixed" as it is quicker than
switching fonts in the .emacs file...

Have fun, emacs

;; basic font (I now set on command line "emacs -font fixed"
;; for quicker startup)
;;
;; (set-default-font "fixed")

(global-set-key [f10] 'save-buffer)
;; (global-set-key [f11] 'font-lock-fontify-block)
(global-set-key [f12] 'goto-line) ;; this doesn't work on the SUN KBD

;; load an enhanced matching parenthesis/brace match displayer
;;
(load-library "paren")
(show-paren-mode t)