papd(netatalk) help!

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from slink to potato. This seems to have broken papd
(among other things), the Appletalk printer interface.

Initially papd complained about the lack of a file called lock.  After
'creating' this file in the printer spool directory it now is now producing
the message: lp_conn_unix connect /dev/printer: Connection refused

Which makes sense as /dev/printer does not exist.  Should it?  I'm using lprng
and have heard this could be causing the problem.  Has anyone else had
problems printing from Macs after an upgrade?  Any suggestions would be
welcome.

If you need any more info please ask.

TIA

Bec