Re: slink->frozen upgrade problems

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 11:37:13AM -0700, john s anderson wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've been trying to move a system at work from Red Hat to Debian for the
> last day or so, without much success. The initial slink install goes okay
> (I'm using the CD from the O'Reilly book), and I'm able to select and
> install various things.
>
> However, I'd like to update the installation to at least frozen, and
> probably to unstable -- and that's where the problem comes in. After doing
> the base install, I add the frozen line to sources.list, do `apt-get
> update` -- all of which works as expected.

The way I did this was jump in with both feet.  I did
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
and then sat back and waited for everything to get snarfed down.  Since
I'm on a 33.6 dial-up and the ISP occasionally drops the connection on
us it took a while.  But once everything finally got downloaded it all
installed okay.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"