Re: URGENT: Gateway problems (again, more information added)

* "Ron" == Ron Rademaker <ron@taco.dhs.org> wrote:

Ron> The gateway calls using ISDN (which works fine), but keeps
Ron> calling and calling when it shouldn't...

Forget about tcpdump, it doesn't work with syncPPP.

Instead set "isdnctrl verbose 2" and check the syslog (I think). You
get messages why a connection was brought up there, like

 OPEN: 194.8.196.50 -> 194.8.194.98 TCP, port: 2065 -> 119

Also use echo 7 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr

One reason could also be samba. Windows does all kind of strange stuff
on the net that can make your box dial out. Check the samba docs,
deja.com and the Suse support DB. With deja, you should get hits in
de.alt.comm.isdn4linux. You can also ask there in english as the last
resort.

Ciao,
        Martin