Re: Question on installing packages and upgrading

hilliard@flinet.com (Bob Hilliard) wrote:

>      Another option is to get a CD of the unstable distribution.
> While no commercial distributors offer silver CDs of unstable, there
> are a number of Debian developers (some listed on the web page) who
> will burn gold CDs to order.  This will cost more than a
> mass-produced slver CD, but it is not exorbitant.

Thanks for the suggestion. Well, as I have already a mandrake CD here,
which costed me nothing... I'll think about that. I guess the money
for postage would be more than the price of the CD.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the possibility to download these CDs as
CD images? Like the two official Debian CDs which I got by this way. I
guess that many people have the opportunity to use a fast internet
connection for downloading, but would not like to do this at home.
Phone costs may be cheap in the USA, but in Germany I would not want
to be online for days.

        Alex
--
  Alex Schuster     Wonko@weird.cologne.de          PGP Key available