Re: Linux and PS/2

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 05:59:45PM -0500, Brendan O'Brien wrote:
> Hello--
>

> I would appreciate some help with the installation of my mouse.  I'm trying to get my old 100MHz pentium up and running with Linux alone and I can't seem to get the mouse installed correctly.  I know it still works because I had originally installed another version of Linux (Corel) and it worked fine with KDE.  I went to the Debian distribution because Corel was just too big to run efficiently on my rickety old machine.  Running xf86config and picking the PS/2 mouse just isn't doing the trick.
>
> Interestingly enough, I happened to read the XF86Config file before removing the Corel version and it didn't appear to be much, if any, different from the Debian version installed now.
>
> Please help me, won't you?   My X has fallen and it can't get up!

Love to.  But first you have to help us.  What's the mouse do?  What
doesn't it do?  What exactly are you doing?  Are you getting any
error messages?  If so, what exactly are they?  We need more
information in order to help.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"