Re: Firewall Routing Question

Thank you very much for your reply.  The answers to most of your
questions were in the first email I sent.  I tried to simplify it
by leaving out details, but apparently the details were what you
wanted to see.

In any case, my current network topology is this:
>  [DSL]--[HUB]--[216.254.24.95]
>           \ \--[216.254.24.96]
>            ----[Firewall]
>                   [HUB]
>                Internal LAN on [192.168.1.0/24] subnet
>
> Obviously this provides no firewalling for 216.254.24.9[56]!

It's not so bad, since the two 216.254.24.9[56] machines use VPN software
which reject everything into their interface except for packets which
are properly encrypted from the other side.  This is not the way I would
want it, but for the moment it is the way it is.

I think I am going to look into the bridging solution.  The aliasing
solution was the obvious one, but the VPN software doesn't work at all
through IP Masquerade, or at least that was what the MIS guys said.

Thanks again.