Re: eth0--what's up?

Thank you.  This is exactly what I needed to know.
So if I get you right, eth0 is kinda like ppp?
Interface, not a device?  That just seems odd, the way
I've seen it referred to in conversation.  I knew I
was missing something.

> There is no relevant device for eth0. It is not a
> device, it is an
> interface, and you communicate to it via ifconfig
> (interface config).
>
> --

> /  Ben Collins  --  ...on that fantastic voyage...
> --  Debian GNU/Linux   \
> `     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org
>  --  bmc@visi.net     '

=====
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4874/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf