Re: SMP

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Trying it is the best way of finding out.  Just keep in mind that pretty
> much any 486 is slow, and adding a second processor will mean that it's
> still slower than a Pentium.

Yes sure, but the problem is that the other machine is currently being
used (I have to shut it down, pull-out the card and install it on my
machine). So, before doing so, I'd like to make sure that it would be
worth the effort.

It may not be fast (all right, it will be slow), but the point is
simple, I'd like to get an experience on running  SMP on Linux :-)

> Depends on the kernel revision - kernels before 2.2 don't support APICs.
> This is what my dual Pentium says (running 2.3.45):

Mine runs 2.2.13, so it support APIC, right?

BTW, how "unstable" is 2.3.45 compared to 2.2.13?

Oki