Re: Apt-get Confusion

Ron Rademaker said:
> I've done it a few times and never had any real trouble, once it did
> delete a few packages I actually wanted to keep, but afterwards I just
> reinstalled them and all was fine.

I did it, and now I'm in trouble. One of the packages it removed was
kde-corel. That's no big loss except that it took kdm, which worked
well, and kppp, which gets me online.

xdm works poorly for a number of reasons. icewm won't get me back to
an X logon screen so that I can switch root/user. Something sometimes
grabs the CPU.

And just like with my "real" Debian installation, my Corel Linux
system will no longer go online, either with pon or wvdial, after I
configured them. The errors are the same ones I kept getting with
Debian, even after a lot of help from Debian gurus.

I'm having to use Win98 to send this message. :-(

I guess I'll go back in, and see if I can get kde-corel reinstalled
from the CD.

Lane

----
Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
----