Re: Question on installing packages and upgrading

Alex Schuster writes:
> But how would one do this? Go online, enter apt-get dist-upgrade, and
> wait for.... well, a too long time.

You don't have to upgrade everything at once.  Just do 'apt-get update' and
then use 'apt-get install <package>' to upgrade what you need.  Apt will
take care of any dependencies (pay attention to the messages, though!).

> I wouldn't work anyway, because the phone would not hold for such a long
> time without dropping the carrier.

Apt is smart enough to resume where it left off.

You could also buy a set of CDs, of course.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)