POSIX tar archive

a friend asked me to extract a text file from a floppy "unix formatted".
I can see this file looking with mc (is a little data base of pc spare
parts) in /dev/fd0, but i can't mount the floppy: no vfat, no ext2, no
sysv.
The command " file /tmp/foo " produces this output:
" POSIX tar archive " but the command " tar xvfp /dev/fd0 "
produces a strange file that i can't view in mc.

Could somebody help me to understand a little more ;-))

Luigi

i cp /dev/fd0  to /mnt/dos1 and after i cancelled all the "garbage"
before and after the file ...  but that's the way winzozz's peoples
resolve problems ... and i would NOT dye as a winzozz man ;-)))