Re: reading an random block from a floppy

On Feb 18, dan@cg619985-a.adubn1.nj.home.com wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 05:21:25PM -0500, Nick Cabatoff generated a
> stream of 1s and 0s:
> > I'd like to do the equivalent of
> >
> >  dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=1k skip=1439
> >

> Maybe you can compile a perl code snippet into a static executable.
> Hopefully execautable will be small, though I doubt it.

Me too.  Never mind folks, I bit the bullet and wrote the code -
figured it would be good practice for my rusty C, even if it is just
50 lines worth of practice.  I guess I just didn't like the idea of
wasting a few K of my bootdisk on such a special-purpose tool, but so
be it.

Oh well, if anyone else is ever looking for such a tool on debian-user
they'll know who to email. :)