Re: How can go back to 'stable' from 'frozen'

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 09:19:14AM -0500, Rajesh Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Other than replacing my ethernet card 3com595, I don't seem to have
> an alternative as I have a dual Processor Pentium machine (the second
> processor isn't recognised by the 2.0.36 kernel) with 'frozen' loaded
> and can't get my compiled kernel, 2.2.14 to talk to the internet.
>
> I want to go back to 'stable' so that when I install 2.2.x so that the
> kernel recognises the dual processors and ethernet connection is up.
>
> Is there any way I can erase _all_ the current 'frozen' packages and
> install 'stable' using dselect or apt-get.

Try updating your frozen install if you haven't done it lately. I
installed frozen on a laptop last week and the modem didn't work. I
updated the install early this week which got a new version of ppp and
setserial in addition to a bunch of other things. The modem started
working without any kernel changes.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com