Re: make dep failed as did make menuconfig

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 02:25:08PM -0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> Any suggestions on what to install?  Still desperately trying to get a PCI
> card to work.
>
> flash:/usr/src/linux# make dep
> gcc -I/usr/src/linux/include -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/mkdep
> scripts/m
> kdep.c
> make: gcc: Command not found
> make: *** [scripts/mkdep] Error 127
> flash:/usr/src/linux#

Install these packages:

	kernel-package
	gcc
	binutils
	libncurses-dev
	bin86

Then in the kernel source do:

	make menuconfig # or config, or whatever
	make-kpkg kernel-image

The kernel package (make-kpkg) allows you to create kernel-image .debs
just like you would get from the Debian archive.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '