Re: SMP

> you sure that MB supports dual processors? it seems as if linux doesn't
> say its a SMP capable MB at all.

It's concievable that the BIOS would enable it's SMP support when the
second CPU card in added.  It's also possible that there was BIOS on the
CPU card that 'patched' (somehow) the motherboard's BIOS.

> can linux run on SMP 486s ?

I've heard of it happening.

> never heard of anyone who ever ran a dual cpu 486, although ive heard
> of their existance..

IIRC they were at their most popular back in the NT 3.1 days when Pentiums
(much less dual Pentiums) were rare at best.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein