Re: Unable to Telnet after upgrade 2.0 -> 2.1: Panic!

> I have just performed an apt upgrade according to the manual of my
> Debian 2.0 box to go to 2.1. This all seemed to work fairly well, except
> now I can no longer connect to my box with telnet. To be more exact, I
> can connect, but do not get a login prompt. Connection closed by foreign
> host appears after a second or so.
> I am in agony, I have 1 telnet open to the box and if I lose that, I'll
> need to dig it up and find myself a keyboard and monitor and the like...
>
> Does anyone know of a change in a package that I missed in the upgrade?

Had that problem when I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 a long time ago - as of
2.1 (slink) the telnet daemon is in a different package from the client.

Install the package 'telnetd'.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein