Re: The Corel_Linux news-list (COLOS)

Marvin Stodolsky <stodolsk@erols.com> wrote:
> Debians,
>     The COLOSers could benefit from a few experienced Debians.
> As you know. Corel-Linux is an acknowledged variation upon Debian.
> And most of the problems the COLOS newbies are running into are not
> COLOS specific.
> For a while I've responded to some technical questions, but I don't
> have
> time to keep it up
> as after playing the Corel desktop a bit (its good for newbies), I'm
> staying with Debain
> You can help them if interested by signin at
> http://www.onelist.com/community/COLOS_Linux

I have been participating in the list for a while. Those who do join it,
please wear heat resistant suits. You will have to have a thick skin too
when newbies to Linux start attacking the Debian way of doing things!
Today is the day I remove myself from the list before I get even more
annoyed. I can stand any amount of confusion and genuine pleas for help,
indeed as a teacher I have to, but the Corel Linux list is something
else!

I have tried Corel Linux too and was not impressed by the way they have
broken or not implemented the excellent Debian features such as the menu
system.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux