Problem w/ libc6

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and, if
so, what work-around have they implimented:
Setting up libc6 (2.1.3-2) ...
Current default timezone: 'America/Chicago'.
   Local time is now:      Mon Feb 14 21:55:40 CST
2000.
   Universal Time is now:  Tue Feb 15 03:55:40 UTC
2000.
Run 'tzconfig' if you wish to change it.
/etc/init.d/devpts.sh: line 63: syntax error:
unexpected end of file
dpkg: error processing libc6 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error
exit status 2
 libc6
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
(1)
   I ran into this using dselect aimed at the frozen
dist while trying to update my box (which started life
as "unstable").
I know, I have only myself to blamefor treading the
dark waters of a non-stable release but I was trying
to work back into the stable fold now that the freeze
is on. Any help or comments will be appreciated!

Nuhn

Why? Why not? Why not try?
(The rule of an inquisitive mind.)

=====