Re: [continued] How to set LANG variable for X window session started by XDM?

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 12:23:14PM +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> After that, when I've restarted the XDM, everything works perfectly.
> Is it the proper way to set locales for X sessions?
> BTW. Why the /etc/environment is not sourced by the standard debian
> /etc/profile?

I don't know, it should probably do the same thing /etc/X11/Xsession
does:

if [ -f /etc/environment ] then;
  . /etc/environment
fi

Of course, this does nothing for csh, or tcsh users.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |