Re: Newbie's experience Installing Debian

Unfortunately the install side of things i have found to be rather rough at the edges
myself.
Installed debian over a year ago. And dumped the other OS.

Ive been trying to create potato cd's from a copy on my HDD using "debian-cd" package.
Finally mamaged to get it to a state where it creates images. They boot ok but the
install seems to
have some problems ( may be due to my modifying "debian-cd" trying to get it to work.)
Anyway ive given up. Which is unfortunate as ive got 3 mates who now have redhat /
mandrake installed.

<sigh> and ive got a copy of potato on my HDD bugger. I dont see much point giving them
my slink CD's :(.

Anyway DEBIAN rocks :) keep up the great work guys.

cheers