Re: HELP HELP HELP

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 10:22:58AM +0100, Alberto Maurizi wrote:

> 	I accidentally pushed the reset button!
> 	This resulted in a lot of errors in the disk and
> 	several files lost.
>
> 	Could anybody tell me how to check the system consistency?
> 	a.

Linux distros typically all run fsck to check the integrity of the
filesystem on boot/mount-up.  If the machine came back online and acts
normally and you didn't see any messages during the boot about
recovering files, etc... you're probably fine.  The gentleman who
mentioned "lost+found" is correct also.  You can look in there for
recovered files.

Meanwhile, the real reason I replied is that this is a typical example
of why one should keep BACKUPS!  :)

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>