Re: Palm/Visor handheld support from Debian?

> I was wondering if anyone has come up with any tools for Debian to be
> able to sync with a Palm or Handspring Visor handheld. Are there any
> handhelds that Linux is able to work with?

there are lots.  the command line tools and libraries in the pilot-link
package are what most of them are based on and there are conduits for ical,
netplan, korganizer etc.  my favorite one is jpilot (there is a debian
package), i don't like the interface very much (it's a near clone of the
windows software) but it works properly and doesn't crash.  other options
are pilot-manager and kpilot (both have debian packages) ... hell there's a
lot of them.  here are some urls i've colected which you might find useful.

- gnome pilot: 	http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/
- pilot howto: 	http://www.ssc.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/Pilot-HOWTO.html
- pilot-ldif: 	http://student-www.uchicago.edu/~rekopp/software/pilot-ldif/
- sync-cal:	http://hopf.math.nwu.edu/syncal/
- pi-address:	http://www.in-berlin.de/User/miwie/pia/
- palmsync:	http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~jkabara/pilot-sync/development.html

that should get you started anyway.  there's lots of half done stuff out
there which is mostly useless.  jpilot is pretty good though.

adam.