Re: Is frozen's ppp broken?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 06:36:01AM -0500, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> I had the same problem. What happened is that the latest version of ppp
> now includes ppp-pam, so ppp-pam is removed when upgrading to ppp
> 2.3.11-1.
>
> However, there was an entry in /var/lib/dpkg/diversions that I think was
> supposed to be removed when ppp-pam was removed but wasn't. In fact I
> saw an error message flash by to that effect during the upgrade.

The problem is that the ppp-pam postrm script tries to remove the
diversion as "/usr/sbin/pppd.nopam", but somehow the diversion was
listed as "/usr/sbin/pppd.ppp-pam" instead (odd since the preinst agrees
with this... slink's version uses pppd.ppp-pam though, perhaps a problem
with the diversion changing but never being reset properly?).

Another way to fix it is to just remove the broken diversion by hand:
dpkg-divert --rename --remove /usr/sbin/pppd

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  8 Jan 2000 - Old email addresses removed from key, new added