Re: RAID mounting at bootup

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 01:59:23AM +0100, webmaster@euronetwork.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> again a question form someone how has changed from SuSE to Debian:
>
> - after building my RAID-Array I need to know how to mount it
> automatically at bootup? In SuSE there is a file in
> "/sbin/init.d/boot.local" where I can place my own commands which are
> run at bootup time. The path might be similiar to "/etc/init.d" but I
> can't find any script which compares with this named above.

This depents.

On my old slink system using mdutils, md devices got started
automatically by
/etc/rcS.d/S25mdutils

Now on my potato system I'm using the new raidtools 0.90 wich need a
kernel patch. With them the kernel autodetects the md devices if the
partitions have type 0xfd.

I don't know about the old raidtools.

HTH

--
Weasel                            http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad/
PGP/GPG encrypted messages prefered. See my site or finger -l ppalfrad