X-Error 'No type converter registered for "String" to "Bitmap"'

I reall need help for this:

I have standard Debian GNU/Linux (Slink) 2.1. Since  I have installed it (I
tried to reinstall 3 times to get rid of it), I get following error in couple
of X applications:

No type converter registered for "String" to "Bitmap" conversion.

This shows when I run xscreensaver on the screen, when I run gv or ghostscript
(that's why it is annoying, for every printing-preview), and when I run couple
of other X applications.

Basically, every screen saver gives this error to the STERR and other X
applications.

Now, how to solve this?
Or, how to "register" the type converter?

Marko