Re: Why? mktime() failed unexpectedly (rc -1). Aborting.

Carl:

I set the date in the BIOS directly, now all that stuff, appartenly
icluding mktime, all seem to WORK! Many thanks!

David

On 10 Feb 2000, Carl Johnson wrote:

> David Teague <dbt@elentari.cs.wcu.edu> writes:
>
> > Kevin and Nate:
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions. I'll live with the problem
> > until I can find time to upgrade to Potato, rather than
> > mess with  fixing dependencies or looking for a board.
> >
> > Upgrading is easy enough, I just did it 2 weeks ago on
> > my main machines. Besides, I have all my data backed up on
> > tape, so even if I wind up needing to wipeand reistall,
> > I'll be OK.
> >
> > Meanwhile, I'll look for the RTC board that Nate mentioned
> > in his message. I need a couple of them at least, as I have
> > 4 machines that have this problem.
> >
> > Again thanks, this is why I choose Debian- the help is
> > quick, freely given and almost _always_ works.
>
> Just in case...  Have you tried re-booting and manually setting the
> year from the BIOS menu?  I had the same problem on an old portable
> computer and it worked for me.
>
> --
> Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)