Re: Java compiler

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 21:25, Jozef Skvarcek wrote:

> I heard that it is possible to speed-up Java programs by compiling them
> into binaries (instead using JVM). Can someone point me into a place
> where I could find more information? Which compiler should I use?

The gcj (in potato) can compile java to native code.  I have not tried
it myself.  I guess it will not handle awt and swing classes.

 GCJ is a front end to the GCC compiler which can natively compile both
 Java(tm) source and bytecode files. The compiler can also generate class
 files.
 .
 Currently the compiler source parser does not understand JDK 1.1 extensions
 to the Java programming language. For instance, it does not support
 inner classes.

--
CNT-FAI Lebed munitions GSM aanslag Cocaine counter-intelligence
Qaddafi CP86 DSS/Diffie-Hellman splif hashish Cthulhu Zimmermann